To be in the running for the Best Photo and People’s Choice Photo awards, we invited New Zealanders to submit images of Tahuna Beach and the Tahuna Beach Holiday Park.
We are proud to announce the shortlist includes:
- Michelle Betts – Boogie boarding
- Denis Cains – Us in the bush
- Keryn Cawood – Annual Tahuna holiday 1
- Keryn Cawood – Annual Tahuna holiday 2
- Lara Colyer – Crazy Bikes
- Julia Daly – Memories
- Troy Dando – Cutting Surf
- Troy Dando – Fire in the sky
- Troy Dando – Mega Haka
- Kay Evans – Beautiful Setting
- John Freeman – Tahuna Beach Camping in the 1950s
- John Freeman – Travelling to Tahuna Beach in the 1950s
- Liz Gregory – Back Beach
- Liz Gregory – Box Kite
- Liz Gregory – I’m Forever Blowing Bubbles
- Graham Gregory – Reclining at the local branch
- Graham Gregory – Sunlight Filters through clouds over Tahuna
- Liz Gregory – The most coveted site
- April Jarden – Sunset over Tahunanui
- Bryan Lawrence – A 1984 Camp Romance
- Ayumi Murdoch – It’s show time
- Ayumi Murdoch – The happy followers
- Monica Reeve – Sensational close of day 1
- Leola Stenhouse – Blackadders, Dalzells, Bootes, Nelsons and Stenhouses
- Leola Stenhouse – Catch of the day
- Leola Stenhouse – Gil Stenhouse arriving at the camp
- Leola Stenhouse – Stenhouse campsite at Tahuna
- Leola Stenhouse – Stuarts, Bootes, Dalzells and Stenhouses on the beach
- Judith Walker – Off to the beach
- Anna Wilde – Wild day with my mates
Those shortlisted are now in the running for a share of around $8000 of prizes.
Public voting for the Collective Holiday Memories short story and photo competition has now closed.
The winners of Best Photo and People’s Choice Photo will be announced on Friday 6 January 2017.
In the meantime, we feature below a range of the holiday photos that have already been submitted (more will be added over the next few weeks so check back regularly).